Lean for Business Process – Apply Lean Principles to the Office Environment (Lean Office Certification)
“Eliminate Waste and Inefficiencies in Your Corporate Functions, Making Processes More Scalable”
How will this course benefit you and your organization?
In 1 day you will learn how to follow a practical approach to apply lean principles to the corporate office environment. Manufacturing is used to being measured, being timed, and adapting to changes in the work place. The office area typically is not. Through process mapping and the elimination of non-value added steps, lead times and accuracy in corporate process will drastically improve. This will benefit your internal and external customers, but also make processes more productive and scalable for future growth. This directly impacts the bottom line. This course will increase your confidence in how to make business processes more efficient and lean.
- Understand the key principles of lean and how to apply to the corporate office environment
- Identify the 8 wastes in a process and root causes of office and administrative waste
- Participate in a business process simulation and know how to translate the methodology back to your own business process problems
- Learn how to develop a lean process map and identify value and non-value added steps
- Learn to develop the business rationale (financial and/or customer benefit) to support your case for change
Who Should Attend?
This course is for any individual and teams wanting to improve the business process performance (both lead times and errors) in departments like; Human Resources, Finance, Customer Service, Legal, Procurement, Sales and Marketing. Individuals or teams with little to moderate experience and exposure to lean who are looking to increase their understanding; executives and managers who want to make their functions more productive and efficient.
- Why Become Lean
- The 8 Wastes
- Office Lean Compared to Manufacturing
- Participate in a Business Process Simulation
- Introduction to Mapping
- Develop a Lean Process Map
- Lean Improvement – Kaizen the Process
An experiential and interactive certification course providing disciplined approaches, tools, and skills to take your role/firm/or department to a new level of excellence and profitability through the use of Lean Principles.
This course requires full participation in order to be effective. Participants will leave with an appreciation for how Lean can make corporate office processes faster, more efficient and run with less errors. Plus, each attendee is eligible to receive a Certification in Lean Office from the Rendement Group.